Monday, February 20, 2006

'Bout damn time

Why is it that a 4-day bender from hoops seems like a month?

Boring Olympic hockey? No NHL games? No really compelling college hoop match-ups? Too much Olympic ice dancing? Not enough screen time for Tanith Belbin?

So many potential rants, so little time.

But I digress. Without further dealy, here are my Tuesday NBA picks:
  • Detroit/Atlanta Under 191. I see Detroit coming in around 100, and the Pistons' defense holding the pathetic (on the road) Hawks to somewhere between 80 and 87.
  • San Antonio -13 over Seattle. My math has the Spurs winning by 19.
  • Utah -5 over Boston. Jazz have been off over a week, Boozer is back and should start getting more playing time. I see the Jazz winning by about 9.
  • Charlotte +11 at Denver. Nuggets have been very spotty for the last month. This game shows up on my board as a near toss-up, I'll take the 5 extra hoops.
  • Portland +10 at LA Lakers. Lakers never seem to run up a big score against a crappy opponent at home.
Back tomorrow with the tally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home